International Summer Language Camp
Immerse yourself in a new community and culture, not simply as a tourist, but as a part of an international team. Join a group of volunteers and international students from different countries, spend 2-6 weeks at the International Summer Language Camp and come home with a reward that lasts longer than an ordinary paycheck! You may be the only representative of your country in the international team, but this will inevitably accelerate cultural awareness. The key to experiencing these projects is keeping an open mind, staying flexible, being involved, and having fun!
Session 1 - June 15th until Julne 24th (Novosibirsk session)
Session 2 - June 28th until July 11th (The ALTAI session)
Session 3 - July 11th until July 24th (The ALTAI session)
There is no limit of number of sessions attended. Participation in two and more sessions rather than just one will certainly give you more opportunities to experience the culture, learn the language, interact with people, enjoy a larger excursion, cultural and socializing program.
Specialized language classes (English, French, German etc.) for Russian children, individual and group projects and Creativity Workshops, intensive course of the Russian language and culture for international participants, sports, social and cultural activities, excursions are scheduled within the Camp program For more details on the programme click here.
RUSSIAN COURSE for international participants
Structured Russian language classes are incorporated into the volunteer placements and the Russian study programme for international students. For more details on the Russian course, click here.
Interacting and speaking with local people is the fastest and most effective means of learning a language, and knowledge of other cultures is priceless.
The programme includes exciting and interesting outings and excursions that enable volunteers to learn more about the city of Novosibirsk and the Russian culture, as well as to practice their Russian in real life situations. For the sessions that are held in the Altai Mountains many exciting tourist activities are included into the programme, such as rafting, horseback riding, hiking, camping and excursions. For the session held near Novosibirsk a sightseeing programme in the administrative capital of Siberia is included into the internship programme.On completion of the session, excursions to other historically and culturally important destinations can be organized. This programme, being flexible, diversified and including many stimulating learning activities, is an extraordinarily enriching and rewarding experience.
To learn more about Novosibirsk and its places of interest click here.
To learn more about other historically and culturally important destinations you can visit click here.
International participants are responsible for their airfare, visa and medical insurance, and pay participation fee which includes:
- Accommodation and full board (3 meals a day + a snack) in a summer camp facility located in a picturesque area near Novossibirsk or in the Altai krai or in the Altai Republic area.
- Transportation from/to the local airport in Novosibirsk; transportation from Novosibirsk to the camp and return.
- Visa support (Letter of Invitation and registration on arrival).
- Exciting cultural, social and recreational programme within the Camp schedule ( contests and competitions, shows, discos, sports).
- Excursion program: touristic program in the Altai Mooluntains for the second camp session.
- 3 classes of Russian daily for international interns and volunteer teachers except for excursion days, classes are taught by well-educated native speakers trained to teach foreigners.
You will get an incredible experience that will open your mind and heart in ways many only dream about.